Government Introduces New BH Series Number Plates- Instructions for Public

By Alisha Grover
31 Dec, 2021

Transferring a car or a two-wheeler to an additional state may often be a hassle. The brand-new number plate mark of BH series enrollment to autos will be fully online without the car owner having to identify a cumbersome bureaucracy.

The new series will serve as a registration mark for all new automobiles registered in the country. Those who are in transferable positions, like those in Railways, public servants, and private-sector personnel whose enterprises are present in different states, are generally confronted. According to the design of the new number plate, the year of registration will be inscribed first, followed by the letter 'BH,' which will be the same for all vehicles. Following that, four random numbers will be added, as well as two alphabets at the end.


While moving from one city to another, an individual must transfer his/her car registration. The first thing he or she must do is re-register his or her vehicle in the new state/city. This must be completed before obtaining a NOC (No-objection certificate) from the state in which the vehicle was initially registered.

Step 1: Obtain a letter of authorization from the bank.

Obtain the NOC from the bank. Provide the relevant information to the bank, such as proof of address in the new location, cause for transfer, and so on. The bank will review your transfer application, and if the paperwork is valid, they will issue you a NOC.

Step 2: Obtain a letter of authorization (NOC) from the RTO where your car is registered.

You must submit Forms 27 and 28, as well as a copy of the NOC acquired from the lender. Documents that must be presented include the following:

1. Interstate transfer NOC application.

2. Submit your registration certificate, insurance document, tax slip, and current emission test certificate.

3. The vehicle's original chassis imprint must also be presented.

4. Several copies of CMV Form 28

As soon as you acquire the NOC from the RTO, you can begin the process of transferring your car from one city to another.

STEP 3: The procedure of re-registering in a new city.

After you've transferred your car, the first thing you'll need to do is re-register it in the new city. Locate the RTO for your region of residence and bring the paperwork listed below to begin the procedure.

1. A genuine RC copy

2. A copy of the car's insurance policy.

3. A copy of the NOC from the bank, police agency, and RTO.

4. Form 29-30 is used for re-registration.

5. Certificate of Emission Testing

6. Photo ID and confirmation of local address

7. Any applicable fees, such as road tax and octroi fees.

The RTO will issue your registration number within a few days of receiving your documents.

STEP 4: Road tax refund.

If you paid a lifetime road tax and then decided to relocate, you may be eligible for a refund. To do so, you must first re-register your automobile at the new location, and then request a refund of the road tax payment from the RTO where you registered your car.

Both RTOs will authenticate whether the re-registration is complete as soon as the documents are submitted. The original registration's RTO will then request a CRTI. Only upon receipt of the CRTI will the process of refunding your road tax commences.


The new IN series will tax a vehicle for only two years and then in multiples of two years in the future. This also means that the initial road tax on a new automobile with the IN series will be significantly lower than on a car with regular state registration at the time of purchase. As a result, the cost of a new car will be reduced. Typically, road tax on a typical state-based registration in India is computed for 15 years, which implies buyers will have to pay road tax for two years rather than 15.

However, car registration is a state prerogative, this new registration appears to be a more centralized process.

Shopping Cart